Sunday, April 16, 2006

Digital Foci Memory Card Travel Case



To Protect and To Organize

Memory....Memory....Memory, this seems to be the cry from all of us that have been using PDA’s, Smartphones, cameras and other digital devices. For whatever reason, we never seem to get enough but fortunately for us we have had the ability to use storage cards to satisfy that ever growing need of having more storage and save the main memory for the device.

When I got my first iPAQ, I bought the expansion sleeves that allowed the use of CF cards. Slowly, I accumulated a few cards for storage but that changed when I upgraded to the iPAQ 3970…it used SD cards. I now started acquiring SD cards as the sizes increased and the prices became more affordable. Eventually I had so many cards that I started using them for different things; some for music, some for photos, and others for games and my GPS program.

I pretty much had a great solution for my storage needs but as I acquired more cards, another problem crept into the picture. How do I carry all these cards? The little storage boxes they come in are cool but as you increase the number of cards, the number of little protective boxes increased and reaching into your pocket to try to pick the card you want was starting to be a problem.

I needed a better solution. I needed To Protect and To Organize my cards and I needed to be able to access them easily. A little searching and I found a very cool solution. Digital Foci has a Memory Card Travel Case that allows you to organize and protect your important flash memory cards easily and safely.

A slick aluminum covered case that immediately gives the feeling of security as you look at and hold it for the first time. Hinged on one side and a secure snap closure on the other, this case is made for protection! The inside has a molded hard rubber lining that cradles each card protecting it from injury. Designed to hold a variety of different type cards (CF I/II, MD, SM, MMC, SD, mini-SD, MS, MS Duo, and xD), you can store as many as 8 depending on how you stack them.

Essentially there are four compartments for storing cards. Each compartment has been designed to hold 2 cards that are “layered” on top of each other. For example, you could store an SD and then a CF on top or you could store a mini-SD and have a MS Duo on top. Because I need and carry SD, Mini SD, CF and Memory Sticks, this solution has worked very well for me. Now I can carry the “extras” easily, get the card I want quickly, and have no worry about how safe they are….and best of all, I no longer have eight little plastic boxes filling my pockets!

Lightweight (3.5 oz), sized perfectly (4.2" (L) x 2.8" (W) x 0.7" (H)) and reasonably priced ($19.95), this case will certainly afford you a lot of flexibility in your ability to store and have quick access to your memory cards. I like it and you will too!

You can find the Digital Foci Memory Card Travel Case here at the Digital Foci website

*************

In case you have never visited Digital Foci before, they have some pretty cool products that might interest you. You will find items such as a Portable Digital Photo Viewer, an 8" High-resolution Digital Picture Display, and a Portable Picture Storage with Card Reader.
Take a look at the Digital Foci Product page here

Special thanks to Karen Thomas of Thomas Public Relations, Inc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this Jack. It is just what I have been looking for