Saturday, April 15, 2006

Create a Digital Backup by Scanning



The photos you have of family, friends and vacations are priceless especially those "old" photos that were taken years and years ago.


Sometime back, I found an old wallet size photo taken in 1928 in Onset, Massachusetts. It was my mother when she was 19 years old...to me, it was priceless and I did not want to lose the picture. Wrinkled, creased and faded...it did not have many years left but a scan enabled me to preserve this piece of my family history.

You'll want to protect these valuable items to ensure future generations will be able to enjoy them. The first step is to create a digital backup and HP has some great Quick Tips for Scanning Photos.

Picture selection, scanner settings, the right resolution to use and photo file formats are among the topics covered. Take a minute, read HP's Quick tips for scanning photos and maybe you will find it easier to preserve those timeless and priceless pieces of history.

No comments: