Thursday, April 13, 2006

Making Images Last a Lifetime


We spend a lot of time in our quest to Experience Mobility at a high level. Part of that time we capture in digital format on our camera phones or digital cameras. Most of us probably take way more pictures than what we need to remember the experience but we always say that we will "delete the extras" later.

I saw an interesting article by Louisa Jaggar, a special to The Washington Post that I thought I'd share with you. Louisa talked about the biggest personal loss she has had was losing hundreds of photos of my children because of a flooded basement. She said:
The worst part of losing these images is that I couldn't go back and retake that picture of my daughter at age 3 by the pool, the one where she is making the funny face, or the photo of my son at 5 chasing the geese moments before they turned on him. But if I had known better, I could have saved them all.


Take a minute of your time and read Louisa's article...it just might save you from a personal tragedy!

The image above is my friend "Walter" who visits me every spring with his "spouse" Wilhelmina...we had to come up with some names. Walter and Wilhelmina have a nest on a small island off our shore where they have their children each year. Walter guards the island carefully during this time not allowing ANY visitors.

Everyday, he comes three times to visit to get some nourishment and "hang out" on our dock. Occasionally, he brings Wilhelmina, but only briefly because she has her "nesting duties". When the babies are ready, they will proudly "parade" them by our shore as they get them ready for their first flight.

No comments: