Monday, March 27, 2006

And speaking of Sling....

I had to laugh because I just posted (below) a story on "Why Sling? Orb is FREE!" and after I posted it I ran into this article "Sling Media's Show Hits the Road" by By Olga Kharif.

Olga starts out by saying "SlingPlayer does a good job of bringing TV shows to mobile phones and PDA -- once you get past the software hassles, that is ". Too bad Olga spent all that time....Orb takes minutes, does a great job and is FREE. Hmmm...I'll have to send Olga a note.

She also said: "I test-drove the SlingPlayer Mobile with an HP iPaq hx2000 Pocket PC with wireless fidelity, or Wi-Fi, capability. To use the software, you'll need a Windows-based mobile phone or PDA, a newish PC (one with Windows XP or Windows 2000 and a CD-Rom drive) as well as broadband access. You'll also need the Slingbox device that acts as the intermediary between your TV and the mobile gadget."

Save your money folks...you can get a nice TV tuner card for your PC and enjoy TV anywhere you go with Orb.

You can read Olga's article here

No comments: