Monday, August 14, 2006

A New Mobile Headset From Logitech

Now that I have migrated to a Motion Tablet (LS800), I am looking for better ways to Experience Mobility as I travel. Today, Logitech released a Logitech Cordless Headset for PC and Mobile Phones. It looks pretty good and if it lives up to the hype, it will definitely be added to my mobile bag.

They indicate that the Cordless Headset for PC and Mobile Phones is versatile in that it can be used for hands-free and cords-free phone calls on both PCs and mobile phones. Hmmm...I like that!

There is a USB wireless receiver that plugs into a desktop PC or laptop for those that do not have Bluetooth. The headset can also be connected to any mobile phone with Bluetooth wireless technology. It has a range of 30 feet which is pretty typical. What I am particularly interested in is how loud the speaker is and if the new "WindStop technology" works well while outside.

It looks like we won't see it until October but I'll give it a try when it is available. The suggested retail price in the U.S. is $99.99 which is a little rich but if it works, I'll pay the premium.

Click read more below to see the full news item

2 comments:

Andre said...

The LS800 looks very nice. I am not sure if I want to go that route or wait for that ultimate UMPC. I am just sitting here waiting for my Dell to take off. I guess exploding notebook batteries are interactive entertainment.
Anyway - With my Treo and exploding Dell, I use 2 H500 Motorola headsets and I have a Nokia BH200 still in the package. The problem with these things is always the low volume and signal drop. Let us know how you like it. Thanks

Jack said...

I am really enjoying the LS800 Andre. It has the power of a laptop and the portability of a UMPC.
You are correct on low volume -the search continues! I will try this unit when it becomes available - if it performs, it will rock for portability. - I want to use Skype while "on the road" and I do not want carry a large headset/mic .