Friday, August 25, 2006

It keeps growing and growing and growing....



FREE public WI-Fi access keeps growing and growing and growing....I like that and it is the right thing to do so everyone can have access at anytime no matter where they are. It is slowly spreading across the country and I would expect that we will soon see it everywhere.

An example is Occoquan, Virginia, a historic town located in Prince William County. The Town of Occoquan is introducing a new public Wi-Fi network built by World Airwaves and SkyPilot.

A new Mayor and Town Council are attracting new visitors with free Wi-Fi for this riverside town. Their hope is to promote growth and yet preserve the charm of the community.

Mayor Porta said: "The convenience of public wireless broadband access is yet one more reason for people to visit Occoquan. And once they experience our blend of shops, restaurants, local history, and other services, I am confident they will want to return again and again."

When I travel, the first thing I look for in booking a hotel is internet access. I won't have to think about it when I return to Virginia and visit Occoquan! Congratulations to the folks in Occoquan!

No comments: