Monday, August 28, 2006

EXCLUSIVE PEEK: A NEW computer to "hit" the market!

Probably the best kept secret in electronics history, this new "home computer" will definitely set the standard.  Originally scheduled to arrive in late 2004, production was held off to incorporate Vista and the latest wireless technologies available for the home user as well the enterprise.

We have been fortunate to get a sneak peek picture....

OK..OK, so this is really not what you were expecting but I thought I'd share it with you.  You see, the very first magazine I ever read was Popular Mechanics...oh so many years ago.  My Dad always had PM magazines and we would look and dream about the neat things they had each month.

As I was browsing the PM Archives: COMPUTERS/INTERNET section today, I saw the following PM prediction:

It brought back memories of a Picture from a 1954 Popular Mechanics Magazine

Click read more below to see the full news item

2 comments:

Andre said...

I wonder what the big wheel was for?
An early view at gaming?
While on a business trip to Detroit many years ago, there was a Popular Mechanics exhibit at the Henry Ford Museum. They actually had working items that were featured as gadgets in the magazine over the years. I think I spent the better part of a full day in there.

Andre said...

I wonder what the big wheel was for?
An early view at gaming?
While on a business trip to Detroit many years ago, there was a Popular Mechanics exhibit at the Henry Ford Museum. They actually had working items that were featured as gadgets in the magazine over the years. I think I spent the better part of a full day in there.