Monday, July 17, 2006

This bird might fly (for someone)!

If you didn't buy that Razr, then you just might decide to get a Canary instead.

The successor to the Razr is coming soon and although Motorola has not disclosed when they will launch the new phone, it is expected that an official announcement is coming soon. Maybe, just maybe, they will make the announcement at their annual analyst day coming up on July 25.

It definitely looks slick and promises to have some cool features but there are some that are not so cool too. I found it interesting looking at the FCC site trying to catch as many of the features as I could....very time consuming, but sort of fun!

So what are some of the features? To start with, it will be a quad-band GSM / EDGE phone that has bluetooth as well as a Micro SD slot, a 176 x 220 screen and sadly, only a 2 Megapixel camera. It appears as if the Micro SD will be hidden---another poor feature.

I did like a feature that when you turn on the device, within a few minutes you get scrolling News, Weather, and Sports....sort of reminds me of the service I get with my MSN Smart Watch

No comments: