Friday, July 21, 2006

Only when it's time....

The Washington Post reported that Palm will add wireless Internet capabaility to future models of the Treo phone. Edward T. Colligan indicated that "We do believe Wi-Fi is an important technology....There's no question that we'll ultimately put in our products, but at the right time."

The concern Palm has expressed is the effect WiFi has on battery power. There is no question that a huge number of folks want WiFi but its effect on battery power is huge. I am glad to see that they are considering it strongly and I'm even happier that they are not going to "rush into it". I would rather not have it than to have it and be very unhappy with the result. Oh I suppose we could add a SUPER HUGE extended battery but that would ruin the truly mobile aspect as well as the comfort factor.

Frankly, I thought it would become a huge issue with me but so far my experience with Verizon's network has been very good---even in Maine! I'm willing to wait!

source: Brighthand

No comments: