Saturday, November 11, 2006

Where am I?

   Not sure? ... Then consider using Microsoft Location Finder

Microsoft Location Finder is a client-side application that turns a regular WiFi enabled laptop, Tablet or PC into a location determining device without the addition of any separate hardware.

When launched by a user, Microsoft Location Finder uses WiFi access points - or reverse IP lookup when WiFi is not available - to center and display the person's location on an Windows Live Local, enabling the user to quickly and easily search in their present location.

You can find  Microsoft Location Finder here

So, does it work?  You bet it does! 

After a small download, a quick install and a press of a button, Location Finder was installed and running on my task bar.  When I asked it to find me, VOILA...it did! Very cool!

Oh, so where was I?  It's all about being able to Experience Mobility.  I was in a little coffee shop in downtown Damariscotta Maine drinking coffee and using my Motion LS800 to surf.

Ah...Life is good!

No comments: