Wednesday, November 08, 2006

jkOnTheRun Gives A Touchscreen tip

Kevin Tofel  says widen those scrollbars! ... and gives you a great tip to do it easily.

I often see forum questions around the TouchPack provided with official Origami devices. While the TouchPack is very useful, most of the enhancements it provides can be gained with a tweak in Windows XP. For example: I find the wider scroll bars extremely useful on my Samsung Q1 UMPC with the 7-inch display. They allow me to scroll up and down a little easier with my finger so that I don't need to pull out the stylus.

So what if you want a wider scrollbar? This simple tip works on non-touchscreen devices as well, but the true benefit is on the touchscreen, so if you've got an ultra-mobile or handheld device running Windows XP, you can increase the scrollbar width. Note: you don't need to be running the Tablet Edition of Windows XP to take advantage of this: touchscreen devices running XP will benefit as well.

So take a minute an run on over to jkOnTheRun to read Kevin's tip on how to widen those scrollbars!

No comments: