Thursday, November 09, 2006

Microsoft Zune preview by PC Magazine

Lance Ulanoff put up a nice piece to read especially for those folks that are complaining complaining complaining about all the hype on a device they have not held in their hand.  This guy held it and he thinks it's terrific.

Now, I have not had it in my hands...yet...but I have zero question in my mind that it is a "WOW" device.  Will I buy it sight unseen?  NOPE...because I want my wife to buy it and give it to me for the holidays!!!!

In part, Mike had the following to say:

The Microsoft Zune ($249.99 list) is a shot across iPod's bow. I got a first-hand look at the Toshiba-built, Microsoft-designed digital music player and the associated software and supporting Web site and all I can say is "Wow."


For years, the
Apple iPod has taken Microsoft to school. Microsoft's responses, up until now, have been tepid, at best. Remember the first portable media players and that gosh-awful feeling that way too much had been crammed into the devices (the first Creative Zen being a prime example)? Forget that. In fact, forget everything you know about how Microsoft builds consumer electronics products—the Xbox notwithstanding.

Read the whole article and chect out the slide show here at PC Magazine

No comments: