Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Sony's FULL-FUNCTION POCKET-SIZED PC - Lookin' Good!

A week ago, Sony Electronics introduced the VAIO UX Micro PC. It is a device that gives full-size computer performance in a pocket-sized package. I keep looking at it and I keep saying it's "lookin' good"!

Consider this, here is a device that weighs just over a pound, uses the Microsoft XP Professional operating system and has an Intel Core Solo Ultra Low Voltage CPU for fast processing and long battery life....sounds good so far!

In addition, it has a 4.5-inch wide SVGA screen with XBRITE technology that also slides up to expose an integrated keyboard....now I really like that! So if I want to use it like a PC for text entry...I can! Of course, it has a stylus (like what we are used to using with a PDA)and it is using Sony’s VAIO touch launcher for quick access to frequently used programs....just push the launcher button located on the side of the unit and tap the program you want. Also, you can toggle between wireless WWAN, LAN and Bluetooth for access to the internet and devices you want to use.

Two built-in cameras -- one in front and one on the back(video conferencing and personal pictures), a VGA adapter and an integrated biometrics fingerprint sensor are some of the features you find as well as shock protection to protect the hard drive....this is definitely "lookin' good".

You will get a docking station with three 2.0 USB ports, Ethernet, VGA, iLink IEEE-1394 interface and an AV output all for about $1,800. I think this might well be a real serious contender in the market....NICE GOING SONY!

I am looking for a NEW device that will do it all for me as I continue to Experience Mobility.....the Sony VAIO® UX Micro PC is definitely "Lookin' Good"!




No comments: