Friday, October 20, 2006

Experiencing What? How about Experiencing Mobility!

Regatta Rowing To Real-Time Mobile Video

W. David Gardner from TechWeb Technology News posted a story on an event that I have enjoyed for years.  A trip to Boston with a few snacks packed and spend the day at the edge of the Charles River watching the Charles (River) Regatta.  Of course it is difficult watching rowers navigate the lengthy three-mile race course and it is also difficult to get real-time results of the 55 races. So what is new this year?

This year's regatta, to be held Saturday and Sunday, will cater to the 250,000 expected spectators with technology in the form of real-time video, as well as results delivered via cell phone and Wi-Fi hotspots. A video camera will be stationed atop a boathouse to provide a birds-eye view of the 8,000-plus rowers as they race through "Dead Man's Curve,"  considered one of the toughest pieces of rowing anywhere.

I will be there again this year (weather permitting) and I will have my devices with me to give me a better shot at Experiencing Mobility!

Source: Regatta Rowing To Real-Time Mobile Video 

No comments: