Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Boys Are Back In Town!

Bruins home schedule begins tonight

That's it for news today folks because the puck drops tonight at 7:00 at the TD Banknorth Garden as the Boston Bruins take on the Flames. So I am off for the trek to Boston to enjoy my favorite sport.

I've been a season ticket holder for 25 + years ... so there are priorities!  The Bruins have had a poor start (1-3-1 after their season starting five game road trip) but I expect that they will be on top of their game for the home opener ... at least I hope so!

 

UPDATE:  The Bruins defeated the Calgary Flames 3-2 in their home opener tonight.   It was a terrific game that was energized after the Bruins scored their first goal.

Fast and furious for three solid periods...both teams did a great job but the Bruins seemed to be on top most of the night.  As much as you like to win and love the hard hitting there was a scary moment in the second period when Calgary's Stephane Yelle had a very hard hit into the boards.  As he was carted off the ice on a stretcher, it appeared that he had snapped his ankle. What a way to end the day!

It's great to have hockey back.....

2 comments:

Andre said...

Those pictures bring back memories.
The Bobby Orr through the air - remember it well. Didn't that goal win the cup against St. Louis?
As a long suffering Toronto Maple Leafs fan - I keep in touch with a great podcast:
"A foot in the crease".
It brings me back to my childhood.
Good stuff.

Jack said...

It was the winning goal Andre ... probably the single most exciting moment I have ever experienced in NHL hockey!

I remember it well! The 1970 Stanley Cup finals had one of the most dramatic finishes that I have ever seen. It was immortalized by with Bobby Orr flying through the air ... a great moment in sports history!